Translate

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

On My Father's Hands





Why do I ache, why do I cry?

Why do I feel like this?

Every day I go on my way

Feeling this unending sadness.
 
Outside I smile, I laugh, I’m strong

But deep inside I’m just a child

Inside I’m weak, empty and torn

I’m so vulnerable inside.



Sometimes I just want to run

Run as far as my feet could go

But when I wake up I’m alone

Alone with nowhere to go.

I cry, I shout but no one’s there

No one could hear my lonely cries

Sometimes I give in to fear

I lose control and I just fall.



I failed to realize one thing

While I have been running around

Someone was always there with me

My Lord has always been my guide.

I was consumed by all my fears

By all the heartache and pain I’ve felt

I have failed to see who’s always been there

He has always been by my side.



God was with me all along

Catching me, lifting me up

Carrying me when I felt alone

Holding me when I was reaching out.

When I was feeling so empty

He was there trying to make me see

That if only I looked deeper

I would be feeling so complete.



Now I’m giving all of me

To Him who made me see reality

He made me see my life’s true worth

He knows all the things I feel.

When the day comes that life would cease

I know I’ll be in His loving arms

Someday this weak and helpless child

Will be within her Father’s hands.




Image courtesy of Pixabay

No comments :

Post a Comment